The Allegheny Historic Preservation society, Inc. began in 1988
On April 10, 1988, the first AHPS meeting took place. It began with a vision of a few to restore the magnificent Calvary United Methodist Church completed in 1895 which was in danger of closing its doors. There were only 12 individuals in attendance on Sunday mornings.
Formed as nonprofit, nondenominational historic preservation organization for the purpose of access to greater resources and contributions to community.
AHPS Board consists of 14 members.
Membership: approximately 125
Many of these individuals have volunteered
thousand of hours for the restoration
of the Calvary Project.